The Assistant General Manager helps cultivate a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager in all aspects of center operations and floor management, including entertainment, food, beverage, equipment, and property, to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. In the General Manager’s absence, the Assistant General Manager assumes responsibility for center operations. The Assistant General Manager must provide leadership and vision to the center staff in support of Piedmont Social House mission and values.
· Conducts regular and outside sales and promotional activities to institutions and businesses within the community
· Supervises, trains and motivates employees
· Assists in direction of counter control, maintenance and janitorial personnel
· Assists in the preparation of financial records and handles center closing operations
· Assists in the operation of the control counter
· Provides courteous and helpful customer service
· Prepares hourly payroll report
· Prepares schedules for hourly employees
· Conducts operations for physical inventories
· Assists in facility opening and operations, opening and locking doors, counting money, using terminal cash register
· Organizes and implements tournaments and learn-to-bowl programs
· Orders stock and controls inventory
· Maintains a safe work environment for employees and customers alike
· Performs other duties as assigned by management
· Attends weekly Key Manager meetings
· Assists the event planning team with corporate parties, fundraisers, birthday parties, and other special events at the center
· Involved in holding team members to standard and disciplining as needed
· Other responsibilities as assigned
· Ability to handle high pressure situations and make sound decisions
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Knowledge of business building tactics
· Ability to think strategically to remain competitive
· Ability to multitask, follow through and accomplish tasks in a timely manner
· Teamwork-drive spirit with top-notch leadership skills
· Unmatched communication skills
· Ability to present during meetings
· Thinks analytically and problem-solve
· Excellent customer service skills
· Takes initiative with projects and tasks
· Strong conflict management skills
The AGM reports directly to the General Manager. They help assist the General Manager with leading and coaching the Service Manager and the Bar Manager. They oversee a staff of 70 or more team members. Motivates and leads the team to accomplish company desired results.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree in Hospitality, Business Administration or a related field preferred
· Minimum of three to five years of hospitality experience required
· Experience in a bowling center is helpful
· Prior experience working with a staff of 50 or more is a plus
· One year of Assistant General Manager or General Manager experience preferred
· Experience in staffing and on-boarding a plus
· Prior experience with daily cash handling required
Individual will need to be able to work in a face paced environment and have the ability to make changes as needed. The work environment will always dictate the need for the manager to be engaged. The environment can be in close quarters and be limited at times for mobility. The individual will have to function according to the surroundings.
· Work long shifts on their feet. Up to 8 to 10 hours a day
· Ability to lift kegs up to 165 pounds, bending and lifting to stock coolers is needed
· Ability to carry trays of food throughout the establishment and carry them upstairs if needed
· Work in varied temperatures. Ability to adjust to working outside during all months of the year
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The candidate can be scheduled a varied schedule, potential of working 55 hours a week exists. The AGM schedule will include weekends, nights, and holidays. The role will be scheduled 5 days a week, more may be needed as business dictates. There may be certain blackout dates needed. These dates may include holiday season when the events business is at its peak. Hours of operation are 7 days a week. Candidate may be scheduled between 7:00 am and 2:00 am.
Limited travel is expected. Some may be required to pick up needed product or items for the establishment.
The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities, duties or responsibilities. Activities duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.