The Maintenance Technician reports to the onsite Property Manager and is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations and building maintenance of the community for which they work. The Maintenance Technician must be resident-oriented with superb skills in dealing with residents, their families, and the public.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Performing basic apartment maintenance and turns
· Collaborating with other maintenance staff in handling after-hours emergency calls
· Handling HVAC repairs and replacements
· Managing plumbing and mid-level electrical repairs
· Maintaining upkeep of the facility and grounds
· Other duties as assigned by Property Manager
· Well-rounded background in all areas of HVAC-R
· Special emphasis on water source heat pumps and a closed loop water system
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Ability to effectively troubleshoot and prioritize needs in a busy community
· Strong collaboration skills with a team while being able to work independently with minimal direction
· Understanding of the efficiency needed to work within a work order system with 24-hour turnaround time
This position does not involve supervisory duties at this time.
Subject to outside elements, chemicals/fumes, small spaces, poor ventilation, dust and other elements.
Very Heavy Work
Will involve lifting upwards of 20 pounds daily and may exceed 100 pounds occasionally.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time Position with an average of 40 hours per week typically Monday-Friday with on-call emergency rotation responsibilities.
Some travel may be required to contribute to the success of communities within the New Forum portfolio. Training classes may be offered off campus and could require travel.
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· At least five years’ experience in multifamily property maintenance
· EPA or similar industry-approved certification
The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities, duties or responsibilities. Activities duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.