The Community Bus Driver provides reliable, safe transportation for residents to and from events in the area, grocery trips, community activities, and off-campus events. The position is based at our independent senior living community in Pineville, NC.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Assists residents in and out of the vehicle when necessary.Loads/unloads walkers, wheelchairs and grocery carts. Assists with unloading groceries into grocery carts.
· Collects and accounts for all bus fees paid in cash and designation of which resident’s accounts to be billed.
· Ensures resident safety and satisfaction are priorities, and accounts for presence of all residents when leaving or returning to community
· Keeps the community vehicle clean and properly maintained,including fueled at all times
· Prepares the bus for operation and coordinate necessary vehicle maintenance
· Team work is at the heart of everything we do. Maintaining a good working relationship with co-workers, residents, vendors, and management is very important.
· Safety of residents and staff is of paramount importance to this position. The Community Bus Driver must be courteous and patient. Superior customer service skills are an imperative. This position must be able to work reliably and independently of immediate direct supervision. Dependability,honesty, and care for others are essential.
Required Education and Experience
Valid Class B CDL state driver’s license
Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays as needed
Compassion for and desire to work with the senior community
Preferred Education and Experience
Two years of related transportation experience preferred